About the Code
- The goal of this Code of Conduct is to establish a set of guidelines on how to make sure that Fiveable remains a safe and productive place to be.
- This code applies to everyone using Fiveable to study, connect, and focus including Fiveable users, the Fiveable Student Discord community, and any communities related or affiliated with Fiveable.
To keep Fiveable a safe space for everyone to work in, we ask that you abide by these 2 principles.
Keeping everyone who uses the Fiveable platform safe is critical. The actions listed below are prohibited in Fiveable sessions in any communication with other participants (chat, video call, etc.).
- insulting, hateful, or threatening remarks
- discrimination based on age, nationality, race, gender, sexuality, religion, or other personal characteristics
- bullying or harassment
- unwelcome sexual advances, and sexually explicit content
- Personal Identifiable Information (SSN, Drivers License Number, Phone Number)
- Account Passwords
On Fiveable, respect goes both ways between users and towards the platform. This looks like:
Respecting the Community:
- Limiting profanity usage
- Not sharing protected or copyrighted materials without express permission
- Using proper video call etiquette by only unmuting when it’s appropriate and making sure your background is appropriate
- Adhering to the above Safety Standards
Respecting the Platform:
- No excessive advertising for outside products and services
- Continuing to use Fiveable for learning, connecting, and focusing
Fiveable relies on your input to improve the platform and promote our values. If you encounter a conduct-related issue on our platform, please report it to our team as soon as possible by: