Fiveable uses social media and digital strategies to engage students and teachers through enriching and entertaining content. Alongside the Chief Creative Officer, the New Media Fellow will develop the Fiveable brand across social media channels to build awareness and authority in the education space. Using data and social listening tools, you will help create a robust content calendar that aligns with current brand goals. You will help to track reports across all social channels while helping to manage a team of social and video interns in the creation of new content. Finally, you will create publicity opportunities for Fiveable by building relationships with press and media influencers.This fellowship is an opportunity to gain experience in content creation and education technology while also developing skills in networking, and marketing strategy.
Day to Day:
- Work closely with the Chief Creative Officer to oversee the development of long term, monthly, and weekly social media strategies.
- Develop publicity goals and opportunities while fostering and creating new relationships in the press and media.
- Manage the workflow of video and social interns in their weekly and monthly duties
- Engage and grow our audience to build brand awareness and drive Fiveable user growth through social channels.
- Develop the brand presence and consistency across all social channels
- Use Canva or Adobe Suite to create social graphics
- Use Adobe Premiere or related platforms to edit videos and create motion graphics
- Regularly report on team and channel performance
- You have earned or are in the process of earning an undergraduate degree in marketing, arts and design, new media, or a related field.
- You have experience in social media marketing, motion graphics, and video editing
- You have experience using Canva, Adobe Suites, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects
- You are relentless in your creativity to meet goals and troubleshoot issues.
- You have a passion for education and an interest in overcoming institutional challenges through collaborative and creative approaches.
- You have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and creative skills.
- You have a proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and the ability to achieve tangible results.
- You have prior experience in an edtech startup or as an educator in a school
- You have experience growing online communities and developing brands