Community is the heart and soul of Fiveable. The Community Engagement Fellow will help cultivate an audience that is eager to learn and connect passionate students to dedicated teachers who are masters of their craft. The fellow will also develop a modern platform where users can discuss and engage on a variety of topics inside Fiveable. In addition, you will help facilitate and moderate discussions by developing dynamic systems and processes for each. Finally, customer happiness is crucial to Fiveable’s success. You will help improve upon our current phone, live chat, and email support systems to ensure optimal response rates and times are achieved. This fellowship is an opportunity to gain experience in community management and education technology while also developing skills in networking, event planning, and customer success.
Please note: This work will be done onsite at the Fiveable Fellow House + incubator in Milwaukee’s East Side.
Day to Day:
- Design and uphold standards for the Fiveable community hub.
- Identify different methods of engaging current users to facilitate audience participation and increase new user registration.
- Help plan special community events such as in-person meetups, local workshops + conferences, and maintain an event calendar.
- Reach out to notable figures in the educational community to host AMAs and develop other ways to collaborate.
- Work with local school districts, colleges, and universities to expand the reach of Fiveable’s programming and improve brand awareness.
- Maintain the HubSpot contact database regularly and provide support to customers by creating and maintaining a ticket system.
- Create a moderator scheduling system for Intercom as well as in-stream live chats.
- You have earned or are in the process of earning an undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, human resources, or a related field.
- You have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and creative skills.
- You have a proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, creative problem solving, and the ability to achieve tangible results.
- You pride yourself on your ability to relate to others
- You are comfortable with de-escalating tense situations.
- You are comfortable with Google Suite tools.
- You have prior marketing and communications experience in a startup.
- You have experience growing online communities.
- You are extremely comfortable with other tools that we frequently use such as Slack, WordPress, and Proofhub.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage startup and work closely with the founders to develop a range of professional skills. After a full semester of the fellowship, fellows may be offered full-time positions or may extend their fellowship for an additional semester.
- Full rent and utilities covered for the house plus Netflix & Hulu!
- Groceries for the house and monthly outings with the team
- Weekly team dinners at Fiveable HQ
- Monthly stipend and end of semester bonuses
Note: Recent graduates and alumni of area colleges are heavily encouraged to apply. We regret that we are unable to accept overseas applicants + cannot provide sponsorship for work visas at this moment.
Read more about Fiveable and the founders’ mission at: