Multiple Choice Practice for Entering Into the 21st Century
Welcome to Unit 9 AP US History Multiple Choice Questions
! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 9 Practice Questions Answers and Review sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Take a look at the Intro to Unit 9
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Facts about the test: The AP US History exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 55 minutes to complete the section. That means it should take you around 1 minute per question.
The following questions were not written by College Board and, although they cover information outlined in the AP US History Course and Exam Description, the formatting on the exam may be different.
1. The economic policies of President Ronald Reagan were influenced by this philosophy
A. Heavy subsidies to industries deemed "in the national interest"
B. A belief that strong support of unions would oppose inroads made by communist agitators among the working class.
C. A belief that tax cuts and deregulation of the industries would lead to economic growth.
D. A strict focus on balancing the budget to limit the growth of the national debt.
2. The Reagan administration demonstrated its philosophy concerning labor during this event.
A. A push to use Federal funding of education to weaken the position of teachers' unions.
B. Support for the Governor of Massachusetts in his firing of striking police officers.
C. The mediation of a strike involving Pennsylvania coal miners
D. The firing of striking Federal Air Traffic Controllers.
3. This treaty is notable for being the first nuclear arms treaty to actually reduce arsenals in the United States and the Soviet Union.
B. SALT 1
C. The anti-ABM treaty
D. SALT 2
4. Support for rebels in this country against the wishes of Congress led to political trouble for the Reagan administration.
5. The Americans with Disabilities Act was a notable feature of this presidency.
A. The Reagan Presidency
B. The Carter Presidency
C. The Ford Presidency
D. The George HW Bush Presidency
6. The following areas saw noticeable moves towards democracy following the collapse of the Soviet Union except for
7. The formation of this international body represented and furthered the cause of globalization during the Clinton Administration
8. Reaganomics had all of the following impacts except for
A. A growth in the GDP
B. A reduction in inflation
C. The maintenance of Social Security and Medicare payment levels
D. The creation of a government surplus
9. The United States intervened in this nation following the end of the Cold War in response to violence fueled by ethnic cleansing.
10. This geographic region accounted for most of the immigration to the United States in the last two decades of the 20th Century.
A. Eastern and Central Europe
B. Latin America and Asia
C. The former Soviet Republics
D. Northern Europe
11. Limitations on banking ushered in by the Glass Steagall act of 1933 were lifted under this President.
A. Richard Nixon
B. Ronald Reagan
C. George HW Bush
D. Bill Clinton
12. All of the following represent "member nations" of the "Axis of Evil" coined by President George W Bush except for
B. North Korea
13. The creation of this executive branch agency represents an organizational response to the terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001.
A. Department of Homeland Security
B. US Air Marshals
C. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
D. The National Security Council
14. US presidents from the Democratic Party from FDR to Barack Obama have all shared this area of social policy as a focus for reform
C. health care
D. criminal justice
15. All of the following groups benefited from the economic conditions of the 1990s except for
A. software developers
B. industrial laborers
C. stock market brokers
- 🤝Connect with other students studying AP US History with Hours.