Multiple Choice Practice for Land-Based Empires Concepts
Welcome to Unit 1 AP Environmental Science Multiple Choice Questions! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 3 Practice Questions Answers and Review
sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Start studying unit 3 here: Intro to Unit 3!
Image from Wikimedia Commons
The Mughal Empire was one of the key Land-Based Empires during this period.
Facts about the test: The AP World History exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 55 minutes to complete the section. That means it should take you around one minute to answer a question.
*The following questions were not written by College Board and although they cover information outlined in the AP World History Course and Exam Description
the formatting on the exam may be different.
1. Which of the following regions was instrumental in providing the Ottomans a military advantage when building their empire?
B. North America
D. Southeast Asia
2. From which of the following groups did the Ottomans model their government system?
3. The elite military forces that enabled the Ottomans to conquer so much territory were called
4. One way in which the Mughal Empire was unique from other gunpowder empires of the time was
A. They engaged in only limited trade
B. They were the only ones to practice a democratic system of rule
C. They were a religious minority within their own empire
D. Gunpowder was only minimally used to conquer territories
5. Akbar the Great was most well known for his
A. Complex understanding of trade and commerce
B. Desire to bring equality to all women in his empire
C. Willingness allow colonialism in India
D. Practice of religious tolerance and discourse
6. The Safavid Empire was different from the Ottoman and Mughal Empires in that
A. The Safavids were of Turkish descent
B. The Safavids were a Shia empire
C. The Safavids did not use gunpowder to conquer territory
D. The Safavids promoted religious tolerance within their empire
7. The decline of the Safavid empire was due to
A. The loss at the Battle of Chaldiran weakened the empire, which will lead to its demise
B. The conquest of the Ottoman empire, which made the Safavids too big to be able to control
C. The changing of trade routes cost the Safavids nearly all the revenue they needed to run the empire
D. Mongol conquering of Central Asia threatened Safavid rule
8. A key difference between the Qing Empire and other Chinese empires was that
A. The Qing did not practice Confucianism within their empire
B. The Qing opened their trade to more European nations
C. Women's status under the Qing actually improved
D. The Qing were not of Chinese descent
9. Which of the following policies directly led to the Opium Wars?
A. The Canton System used for trade
B. The mandate that all Chinese government officials had to pass the Civil Service Exam
C. The conquering of Central Asia
D. The annexation of Japan
10. All of the following were effects of the Opium Wars EXCEPT:
A. More ports were open to European traders
B. Britain took direct control over China
C. Reparation payments had to be made by the Qing to the British
D. European citizens were allowed to live in Chinese territory
11. Which of the following was NOT a Chinese response to foreign incursion in China?
A. Self-Strengthening Movement
B. Boxer Rebellion
C. Taiping Rebellion
D. Exclusion Acts
12. A key similarity between the Ottoman and Mughal Empires was
A. The use of meritocracy in the hiring of government officials
B. The religious make up of the people they ruled
C. Trade and taxation policies
D. The use of the millet system
13. The Shogunate system in Japan can best be described as
14. Which of the following men was responsible for initiating the reunification of Japan?
A. Jo Shi Yen
B. Toyo Ashikaga
C. Oda Nobunaga
D. Sato Tanaka
15. From which of the following nations did Japanese daimyos acquire gunpowder from?
Time to Check Your Answers on Unit 3 Practice Questions Answers and Review! 🙌
🤝Connect with other students studying AP World History with Hours!